Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The fun trip!

Nine years ago in July, I met Eden. The one who fit my vision of what was tall dark and handsome. I was only 18 at that time, he would be 22 the following January.

Everything happened so fast. We got together, dated, broke up, spent a LOT of time together, spent even more time apart. Our meeting eachother was for lack of a better description, a set up. My very good friend who was inlike with Ed's older brother, made sure we met and talked at a YSA dance in Totara Park. I remember the dance but I dont remember anything more said than "hello". Needless to say, our paths crossed numerous times from that point on and every moment we then spent together would literally make up the story of our lives.

Three years ago, I met Eden, again. This time, at the temple, where we were married. When our invited guests left us in the sealing room, we stood together and cried. Now everyone knows.

Two years ago, I was in hospital. Asher was 3 weeks old. I was an emotional wreck. I was excited, scared, extremely overwhelmed and feeling grossly inadequate. I had to convince myself I was going to know what to do with this tiny bub. It turns out I did know. She has grown so fast and teaches me simple lessons each day.

In eight weeks time, we will become the parents of two. I wonder how I will cope. Two little people needing my attention. I think of the women I know with even more kids. How did they do it? There is definitly something built in to women that gives them the ability to raise children, otherwise I would not have come this far.

Man what a trip this is turning out to be! Our family is growing! We are having sooooo much fun! We have tea parties with our little princess while she wears her fairy wings and we go on date nights when we can. We have barbeques with the in-laws on the weekends and we spend our Monday nights singing primary songs and playing games. We're not perfect, but we learn to get on with it. Its just us trying to make the most of life I guess, otherwise, what's the point of it all??

No comments: