Monday, December 29, 2008

the naughtiest trifle you'll ever eat.

I, unlike my husband, am not much of a pudding fan. Recently however I found a recipe that I just had to try, and with a few personal touches ( such as the oreos for that crunch element and strawberries to break up that chocolate intensity) I've created what could well be the naughtiest dessert you'll ever eat. Give it a go, I dare you!

ingredients:

500g chocolate brownie, roughly cut up into little pieces (home made or store bought, up to you)
2 pkts chocolate instant pudding, made up, mixed together and refrigerated until set
1 pkt oreos, crushed
500g fresh strawberries, sliced
1 pkt raspberry or blueberry jelly, made up and left to cool in fridge til cold but not set (important as jelly needs to be poured over mix rather than layered)
whipped cream to top
1 flake to sprinkle

-divide each ingredient in two and layer in above order twice in a large trifle bowl (except cream as only one layer is needed for the top).
-top with whipped cream and sprinkled flake
-set in fridge for at least 30 mins or until chilled
enjoy!

No comments: