Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ten Reasons...

...why today was sooooo good:

1. It's Sunday! (no brainer)

2. We were on time for sacrament meeting, something I'm so happy about since we made a resolution be on time every week. It's been three months since we made that goal and so far we're doing great!

3. Our Nursery leaders did a great job today! Asher stayed for the whole duration and enjoyed herself without Ed or I having to hold her hand. Not that she usually needs us close by, but today was especially handy that she felt like being independent, (see points 4-5.)

4. The lesson I had to teach in Relief Society went better than I expected. It's so great to be among sisters who willingly participate (I had them role playing, what a laugh.) It not only makes for a great learning environment but it also helps calm my nerves...a lot!

5. Eden took great care of Dallin, our nearly three month old (exclusively breast-fed) son, while I taught our class. Huge relief.

6. Eden and I had such a fun conversation about how my lesson went. He laughed as I shared with him how some of the sisters acted out their parts. I love that he thought it was as funny as I thought it was even though he had to imagine the whole thing.

7. We got to have an afternoon nap!

8. We had dinner with my in-laws. The best part about it (other than the fact they are great dinner companions) was that the food my sister-in-law prepared was sooo good, not to mention the fact that SHE had prepared it, not me. Food tastes better when its made by someone else.

9. My Ash got to spend time with her cousins. I love that she has 5 cousins to play with when we go to their house for dinner. For the meantime at least, it beats not being allowed to poke her brother in the face which is her idea of playing with him.

10.We had chocolate ice-cream after the lovely dinner.Yesss.

No comments: