Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our Mini Holiday

Asher has a few words and phrases she loves to use regularly on a daily basis. These include "I go kindy 'morrow!" and "I go holiday!" and "I love you too!"

We love hearing her put sentences together and watching her as she thinks hard about what she wants to say. Well since she came home from her one week holiday away with my mum, one of her favorite words to use was "holiday." And so I decided, a holiday for us is not such a bad idea. Since Eden has a weeks leave coming up very soon I decided I would search online for somewhere for us to get away to and have a lil vaycay.

The plan is to meet Eden after his week working in Auckland somewhere in the middle of the North Island. So far it's a toss up between Taupo-nui-a-tea a.k.a Taupo and Nga roto o Rotorua or Roto-vegas. I figure these are close enough that it wont cost a mint to get to and far away enough that we'll feel like we've actually left town. Oh the excitement and fun I am having looking for places to stay and deciding on things we can do as a family.

It would be a lot easier if one of these places were less exciting than the other but then I suppose they are both very similar in terms of attraction. Here's what I mean...

The views are stunning.

Above: Lake Tarawera; Below: Lake Taupo


The ground is steaming hot! You can't get this much action in Wellington.

Above: Whakarewarewa; Below: Craters of the Moon


People.

. . .

OK so I don't have any photos of people but you get the idea. If our mini holiday happens guaranteed it will feature here as soon as we get home, until then we will have to do with trips to the Hutt Valley where they have excellent playgrounds and lots of hidden picnic areas along the river. At least the Hutt is warm in the spring and we can always stop in at Nanna and Granddads on the way home.

No comments: