Thursday, August 13, 2009

While you were sleeping...

...we four in the Joseph household were well and truly awake. We decided 2:44 am would be the best time to wake up for once, just to be random. Not.

So I woke up early this morning wondering why my backside was unusually hot. "Oh my goodness, did I wet myself?" was the first thing that popped into my dazed and confused mind. I reached across to our pint sized bed pal and realized it was she that had watered our bed. "Phew!" I thought, relieved I had escaped what could have been an embarrassing situation to explain but gutted that I now had to get up and drag myself into the shower in the wee hours of the morn (I know I know... I HAD to do it).

I reach over the little one and tap my hubby on the head.

"Eden, Ash has wet the bed!"

"Huh?"

"I'm getting in the shower, can you bring her to me?"

"Freak!"

I think she slept through the shower and didn't wake up til she was dressed in new pj's.

Thankfully our foam underlay saved our super-king slash impossible-to-flip mattress from getting wet. I will admit I delighted in the fact that we would go back to sleep on super fresh linen. There's nothing like slipping into bed after laying down fresh linen, even at 3am.

We were almost all back in bed when Ash decided she wanted to stay up. She put on her best desperate face and in her 2 and 3/4 year old language pleaded we let her watch T.V. Luckily for me, Dallin woke up and needed my attention, so off went daddy and daughter into the lounge never to be seen again til day light.

So now that I've got the bed to myself, and the other two are off making a bed on the couch, I decide to put Dallin in with me. Little did I know another sneaky sleep impediment would find its way onto my path back to dreamland. At 28 years of age, my wisdom teeth are finally deciding to appear. I knew they were there since I had all my biters x-rayed before I went to the Philippines. I thought I was one of the lucky ones who'd escaped the pain I've known wisdom teeth to cause. I kept telling myself that if they haven't come through yet, I doubt they ever will. Obviously I spoke too soon.

Dallin was the only one who got a decent nights sleep. I suppose it's only fair since his teeth (there are 6 all up now) have kept him awake at night for the past 2 months. The funniest thing about our early bird start to the day is that rrrrrrright before I put her to bed last night, I said to Eden, "isn't it cool how we haven't had to put Ash in nappies for bed?" Suuuuure enough right after she went ahead and broke a perfect streak of nil beds wet.

I guess I only have myself to blame. I should have touched wood like a normal person!

No comments: