Sunday, January 18, 2009

Its raining!

What a nice night its been. Hubby and I have had quite a relaxing evening sittin and chattin about everything and anything. Little Ash is having a sleep over at nans and little D. is snoozing away with his arms stretched out over his little head, so we've had three hours of uninterrupted time to joke and laugh, reminisce about the past and think about the future. Lovely.

So what am I doing up blogging at 12am you ask? Well, I close my eyes for a brief moment and Ed says "ah, good night mummy," just like Asher would if she were here and proceeds to make his way down the hall to the main PC. I jump up and reply "where are you going?" to let him know Im not asleep. "Im off to use the internet," he says which then has me asking was there a cricket game on today? "ok then," I tell him and ask "will you pass me the laptop?" I figure since Im not in a sleeping mood just yet I might as well jump on the net for a tick before I doze off and join sonny boy in sleepy land.

So here I am. Loving the sound of the rain on the roof. I realize just quietly that it hasnt rained in a while, strange for a Wellington summer to have kept us dry this whole time. Actually it rained early this morning, thats right I remember it now and that I woke up a little confused. "Did I sleep through spring?" I wondered. Then I came to and realized we're still in January and we're gonna be late for church (which for us now starts at 9am) if we dont get up real quick!

It ended up being quite a good day at church. A well prepared teacher in sunday school and relief society makes all the difference. I am enjoying our lessons at the moment. Apart from being well prepared, theyre thought provoking and always leave me wanting to learn more. You know a lesson has gone well if you come away having learned something new and for me, having a desire to study the scriptures a little more each time.

Its always nice having a conversation with Ed about the lessons too, or anything centred on the gospel for that matter. He has such a huge vault of knowledge in that head of his, I really admire how much he has stored up in terms of things gospel. I always know I can turn to him if theres something I want to know. If he doesnt know, then he steers me in the right direction. Love it!

Aw, I just love life right now! Love my little family. Love having time outs and one on one time with Ed. Love it when its just the four of us cuddled up on the couch. Love packing the kids up into the car and going to church. Love chocolate brownies (had one for dessert tonight) and the reason I started this post in particular, I love when it rains on hot nights in the summer! Love it!

No comments: