Monday, April 27, 2009

Bop to the top!

NO not HSM, but Baby Boppers. Our girl has started dancing at our local dance school, in the Baby Boppers class. Its a school that allows toddlers to discover their inner Anna Pavlova slash Janet Jackson through hip hop, jazz, tap and ballet. The best thing about it is that students can carry on with private tutoring as they get older or continue on in the school, so if bubbi likes it she can keep doing it as long as she wants.

We went along today with our friend who told us about it, and as we enter the room our three kids decide its the perfect time to start crying and screaming, so instead of "hey everyone" I manage a "sorry about this guys" with a please forgive us look on my face, to which the kind strangers agree its totally fine, kids are kids.

When the class began Ash stood back casually just to suss everything out. She sized up the other little tutu wearing dancers and watched the teacher flutter around the hall like an over-sized Tinkerbell before she felt comfortable enough to let go of my hand. On the outside she seemed shy but on the inside I knew there were plenty of wriggles dying to break free. So cute.

When she built up enough courage, she let go of my hand and skipped around a bit until she realized she was out on the floor on her own, then quickly found her place again at my side. I gave her a little nudge to get back out there, but she wasn't having it unless I went. So out I go, me and another mum, and we agreed it could end up being a good work out for the both of us. I haven't swung my hips like that in the longest time, hahaha.

I suppose I'm glad there are a lot of things on offer for the little ones to get into before they start doing big kid stuff like going to kindy and such. I hope the dancing thing is something Ash will want to keep doing, but if not I'm sure we will find something else to do. For now though, we'll try out the dancing thing and see how that goes.

No comments: