Thursday, April 2, 2009

Priceless

A couple weeks ago while at Dallin's 3 month Plunket visit, I was changing him on the table where they measure and check over the bubs. Hanging over the table was the cutest little mobile with little wooden butterflies with smiley little faces. I didn't even notice it was there. But I did notice how calm Dallin was as I changed him. His eyes were fixed on something in the air so much so that it put a smile on his face. When I looked up, there was this mobile. I never bothered with mobiles for the kids because I didnt think Id have my kids lying down all the time while they were awake. I will never forget the look on his face, how intently he watched this simple contraption, just like that he changed my mind.

So since then I kept an eye out for a mobile for his crib. I spotted this cute one on Trademe that started at a bargain $5 with no reserve. So I watched it til the day the auction was to close and with no bids on it, I went for it. Up to the last ten minutes, I was in the lead when some freak user upped the bidding by a laughable 50 cents! I was like "oh no you dont!" and so I upped their bid buy the same amount. "Take that you mobile stealer! No one moves in on MY sons toys." Haha. OK so maybe I'm dramatizing it, I couldn't help it. Anyways, I won and was very delighted.

The next day, I went from being very delighted to very VERY delighted when I came across the exact same mobile in the Baby Factory. I had to check the price of it to see how much I saved from buying it second hand. Want to know how much? $44 is how much, very very delighted indeed. Besides the thrill of bagging a bargain, the fact that Dallin absolutely LOVES it, is really the icing on the cake. Here is the mobile that puts a smile on my sons face...


Mobile from Trademe: $6.00

Mobile in the Baby Factory: $50.00

The smile on Dallin's face as he enjoys his new mobile: priceless

1 comment:

Angela said...

I have made note of this. Also, LOVE that a bargain is involved in the tale! x